Copyright © My Odyssey
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, June 8, 2013

Is he the one?

*wrote this last friday, didn't post it as I wasn't done with it and sorry, you can't possible write this post without being sappy. Skip through if you're not in that lovey dovey mode ok?*


I lost so much patience planning for my engagement and wedding. It's a headache especially when you expect so much from a day event.

But you only get married once. Once.

Once, that you'll remember for your lifetime.

Marriage, short, but means so much more than just a word.

and I can't believe I'm getting married. No, cross that. 

I can't believe I'm capable of being loved.

A friend once asked me "How do you know he's the one?"

I don't. 

I really don't. 

But every step forward I took towards our wedding day, he proves me over and over again that he's the one.

To tell you the truth...

He's not the one when he surprised me with a dozen of flower on my birthday.

He's not the one when he says he loves me every night, every day or over every conversation we had.

He's not even the one when he says that I'm pretty despite how ugly how others think of me.

but 

he's THE one when he came rushing for me when I felt so depressed over my work.

he's THE one when I threw my tantrum and got devastated over the wedding photographer, asked him to cancel them and got scolded by them yet still listened to me patiently and tried to make things better.

he's THE one who drove back all the way from Penang despite how tired he was, just because I told him that I wanted him here.

he's THE one because he is who he is.

and I can't possibly ask for more.

You see..

He sees me differently than how you would see me.

He made me feel important...mattered....and loved.

So, if you ask me again  "is he really the one?", I guess I could answer it in a matter of seconds.


A definite yes.

.

p/s : no engagement photos to show...sad, sad, sad.


2 comments:

  1. If I tried to tell u how much I appreciate u, I’d be talking the rest of my life.I hope dat, in some small way,u realize how much u’ve meant to me, and how truly I desire to give back to u.Sometimes you juz need to let someone love u juz the way u r.As flawed as u might be, as unattractive as u sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as u think u r. To believe that u must hide all the parts of u dat r broken, out of fear dat someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, only you read my blog and comment....more reason to love u.

    ReplyDelete